Friday, November 27, 2009

MY OPRAH DREAM!

Of course, with me being on the island of Jamaica and never having any real contact with her at all, there is no way Oprah could have known that her announcement about ending her talk show has forced me to accelerate and even more fiercely affirm a dream, affirmation of mine: I am going to co-host the Oprah show with Oprah for a week. This week is going to start with her interviewing me and explaining the upcoming week and my being her co-host. There...I said/wrote it! I've never said this out loud or claimed. Oprah has forced my hand! Hee hee! I feel nervous, kinda silly...but really alive and positive about expressing this dream.

I sent the suggestion of focus for the show, a focus on Jamaica & 'Brand Jamaica'. I laid out possible interviews etc, with me as her co-host. I suggested she do this in Jamaica. No response yet, of course, but that was when I assumed this dream could stay safely hidden, whispering only to me and making me smile sheepishly. not any more...I'm putting it out there, naming it, claiming it:

BETWEEN NOW AND THE AIRING OF HER FINAL SHOW, I AM GOING TO CO-HOST WITH OPRAH FOR A WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment